What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repotting my FVTs and Sarr. Would this work?

I want to put my Sarr and VFTs in a big pot together, as that would make caring for them easier. Would the Sarr block out the light for the VFTs eventually if the pot is big enough? I have a large red pot that is 12" in diameter by 12" tall or thereabouts. I thought it would look good with VFTs and S.rubra. Or should I put them in separate pots?

The Sarracenia will eventually crowd the pot out in a few years, but for the time being that setup should be fine. In general, bigger pots give you better growth because they hold more moisture and keep the root system more insulated (warmer in winter, cooler in summer, both great).

Just be sure to plant the VFTs on the outskirts of the pot, and that'll eliminate shading problems. Generally the tallest plants in any community container should be in the middle, no matter what you're planting.

Last edited:
I did this briefly and put the VFTs on the edge of the pot that would be pointing south.

Back