What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaf pulling

• Thread starter bijillon
  • Start date
Did this leaf pulling make it? It made one root.
7600adc0bf05255f9460858dd9c08f66.jpg

Happy Growing, from Dillon!

It looks like it's still alive. How long has it been turning yellow?.

I wouldn't raise your expectations too high :nono:

I wouldn't raise your expectations too high :nono:

It was surprised when I saw a root! Well the mother plant just won't die no matter what I do.
1baa275c7e343f4b0d2df74683e7775b.jpg
it is a good thing but wow are Flytraps hardy!!

I have to agree with Fredg, if it started to turn yellow quickly it's probably dyeing. Did you take a piece of the rizome when you made the cutting? If you didn't, that could be the root (no pun intended) of the problem.

Yes, and a fair size. I had no expectations of the cutting growing because this was a neglected unhealthy plant from lowes and it wasn't time to take it.

Happy Growing, from Dillon!

Well, I suggest putting the cutting back in the soil and seeing what happens. You should probably wait until the plant is healthier before trying again. That way the cutting will have a better chance at surviving.

Well, I suggest putting the cutting back in the soil and seeing what happens. You should probably wait until the plant is healthier before trying again. That way the cutting will have a better chance at surviving.

I stuck it right back in and I don't think I'll take cutting from those plant I think if I do any it'll be on my slim snapper.

Got it. Good luck with the whip slim snapper.

Back