What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i got a new VFT today!

SERQ0CW.jpg

ive been searching for this one for quite a while. so stoked that i finally have the chance to grow it!

I admit to not having a decent guess as to which cultivar it is but congrats none the less. It would seem to be one of the short-toothed forms. Would you care to say? Springtime brings me into thoughts of Dionaea as well.

So, it looks like a nice cultivar. Fully functional, in terms of its traps?

No idea. But I'm hoping so- I know mature 'alien' cultivars have problems with that. Most likely the traps will split or tear during the digestive phase, if the leaves are as thick as I think they are.

update- it doesnt look like the traps are functional. poop. :(

No idea. But I'm hoping so- I know mature 'alien' cultivars have problems with that. Most likely the traps will split or tear during the digestive phase, if the leaves are as thick as I think they are.

I have an "alien" vft clone and the traps close fine, I hope when matured, there wont be any issue with the trapping mechanism.

What are the distinguishing traits of Jaws Smiley?

Last edited:
Back