What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lots of New Flytraps to Love!

Yesterday I finally received my online order of CPs, which was super exciting since there is not much available locally. I did a joint order with my Aunty and also purchased a few plants for my Nana who is super keen to make a mini bog garden of her own. Waiting for Australia post really does test your patience...

36134060476_2ebdf05cb3_z.jpg

Unfortunately I ended up with the sole task of getting them all potted up, which took about 3 and a half hours :lol:
The flytraps had curled up a fair bit, making it pretty tricky getting them in - though I'm sure they will start to flatten out again once they settle. It was very cool to unwrap all the plants and find a few extra divisions and babies in there! Luckily I had bought some foam cups as a back up for any smaller plants.

Just look at all those beautiful flytraps! So exciting to get some different kinds. We also ordered a few different Sundews and Sarracenia (though their traps had been cut off for dormancy).

35369755163_b946664ae0_z.jpg

36134058526_26d15944c1_z.jpg

Totally in love with Long Red Fingers!

36007650612_4dfd88f700_z.jpg

How cute is this baby Cross Teeth!

36134056966_642e27a9c1_z.jpg

My Dutch Delight came with an impressive flower stalk

36007649202_78d89d38df_z.jpg

Loving the bubble gum pink on this Paradisia!

36134055146_3450e946e3_z.jpg

I'll take a few more pics one the plants have recovered from being shipped and have settled in a bit. The Sundews in particular look a bit sad atm, not that I blame them. I ordered 2 Pink Venus and received 5 all up! Ordered 1 Bristle Tooth and received 3! We also received an additional Sarracenia Daniel Rudd, Big Vigorous and Low Giant. All in all, very happy with our new additions :D

I'm in awe Rachel. Bet that was fun repotting. It's like receiving a new toy. Addictive! I'm addicted to sowing Nepenthes seeds at the moment. Enjoy you're new loved toys. Can't wait to see how they turn out this spring/summer.

I'm in awe Rachel. Bet that was fun repotting. It's like receiving a new toy. Addictive! I'm addicted to sowing Nepenthes seeds at the moment. Enjoy you're new loved toys. Can't wait to see how they turn out this spring/summer.

Thanks MadAboutCPs! I can't wait to see them grow and colour up - repotting them all was a bit of a challenge lol. I have no experience yet with Nepenthes, they seem a bit trickier to take care of? Love the look of them though, especially the little fat sinister looking ones :love:

Those are some nice flytrap cultivars. Are the temperate plants you receive already on the seasonal cycle of the southern hemisphere?

That's quite a nice bundle of flytraps you have there. Can't go wrong with the sundews either.

Really nice flytraps

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Those are some nice flytrap cultivars. Are the temperate plants you receive already on the seasonal cycle of the southern hemisphere?

Thanks Grey Moss! :) They have come over from Victoria to WA, seasons should be much the same but it's probably not quite as cold here.

That's quite a nice bundle of flytraps you have there. Can't go wrong with the sundews either.

Thanks nimbulan :) I do love sundews! Was a bit icky getting the bigger one out of it's bag though lol Poor things have lost most of their dew.

Really nice flytraps

Thank you phil1984 :)

Mine are doing so well [emoji4]

Really healthy and love the rain water I collected for them [emoji16]
d3067896ec49b09341338ad9a874531e.jpg
744008eda3df7dc453d6ce45baac174b.jpg
bd98d8fe67c7b7578f9a1cb4f76c5aef.jpg
280bb8ba5a3ce167f8d547aad148c567.jpg

Mine are doing so well [emoji4]

Very nice Phil! They look very happy :love:
What kind are the bottom 3 flytraps? Second last one in particular is gorgeous!

Last edited:
Hi rachel, the bottom 3 are an all green form, big mouth second last, ant a b52 [emoji4]

Hi rachel, the bottom 3 are an all green form, big mouth second last, ant a b52 [emoji4]

And**

Oh cool! I just got a big mouth and a b52 in my order :-D
They are only little though, I look forward to them eventually getting as big as yours!

I've started to feed mine freeze dried bloodworm. Supposedly makes them grow really fast and healthy [emoji6]

I've started to feed mine freeze dried bloodworm. Supposedly makes them grow really fast and healthy [emoji6]

Looks like it's working! :awesome: I heard Beta Fish Pellets are good too, but haven't tried it. Mine catch a fair bit of food being outside on the balcony, though a lot of the traps are closed on my new plants from being handled and in shipping.

I'll have to read on the pellets see if worth getting lol.a few of mine were closed through handling but soon open when left alone lol. Hardy little plants [emoji6]

I'll have to read on the pellets see if worth getting lol.a few of mine were closed through handling but soon open when left alone lol. Hardy little plants [emoji6]

Let me know if you give them a try :) Yeah my plants are looking a lot happier already being potted up, even starting to get some colour!

Pleased to hear that rachel [emoji38]

Just ordered these lol.
2e2fd03607ae7d9677eae73c72990cef.jpg

Back