What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I return my VFT?

So I currently have a VFT that I purchased from walmart, its my first one but I have been doing research on her so she can be as good as jealthy as possible
Unfortunately she doesnt have any snapper heads since theyve fallen off for no reason :( if I do return it I will bring it to a walmart with a gardener that I KNOW knows how to care for them because of how healthy the ones from the other walmart are, but should I or no?

Last edited:
Do you have a picture of the plant? Flytraps sold by stores like that are usually kept in pretty poor conditions and can be unhealthy when you buy them, but will bounce right back if cared for properly. It's not unusual to see leaves dying back like that.

I agree, it would probably just die if you returned it to walmart. Its normal to lose a lot of the old leaves as you move it into new conditions. Just keep providing it enough water and light and it should be fine.

Back