What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowers not opening?!

Hi there.
This spring my VFT decided to flower for the first time. However, the flowers died and turned black before opening. Only one of them managed to 'stay alive' more so that I could see the white petals. It was close to opening. But it didn't fully open and then it... turned black. I didn't take any pictures as I didn't know at that time that Tapatalk existed ;)
Anyways, this memory just popped into my mind a few minutes ago and I thought it would be a good idea to ask you guys.
Thanks in advance for all your amazingly helpful answers!
XXX

*The picture is from the internet, but the flower that was almost open looked similar to the one behind the flower in bloom in this photograph.*
2015a2fa24d05eac3bd5cca6c4aecc6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

If you're sure that you're not missing the flowers being open then there's probably something that the plant wants in its conditions changed. For most flytraps in cultivation the main thing they're missing is adequate light. Try getting more light to your plant and it should be generally more robust.

My vft also had this problem except all except one of my flowers opened its in full sun plenty of wAter and regularly catching bugs on its own
3 out of 4 flowers opened 4th one just turned black and died

Hey!
If you're sure that you're not missing the flowers being open then there's probably something that the plant wants in its conditions changed. For most flytraps in cultivation the main thing they're missing is adequate light. Try getting more light to your plant and it should be generally more robust.
I'm sure I didn't miss them being open. I'll try to give them more light. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back