What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My vft has 4 trigger hairs on one side of a trap and 6 on the other

I understand that this may just be a mess up same as the carnivorous flowers on drosera but i have never heard of this before so would like some info on why it is doing this unhappy? Because i beat the time record for its trap making and progressive size. Stress?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VDcW-QEZB7w72M93kxlvC2dTLlWBWGN1/view?usp=drivesdk

You cant see it clearly because of my phone but all the little white dots are trigger hairs

Last edited:
Looks normal enough to me. Sometimes leaves are produced that just aren't completely normal. Not indicative of stress or poor health in anything.

I have now noticed that the trait is consistent every trap all my vfts make have 6 trigger hairs on one side and 4 on the other i guess its just a mutant

I have now noticed that the trait is consistent every trap all my vfts make have 6 trigger hairs on one side and 4 on the other i guess its just a mutant

Sounds cool.

You should look up a Venus Flytrap called "Trigger Happy".

Enjoy your unique plant! :D

Back