What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally Moved Plants Outside!

• Thread starter MPX_78
  • Start date
Almost two months ago I moved my collection outside. I wanted to do it earlier, but had to find a way to keep birds from destroying my pitchers. They destroyed all the incoming pitchers that were sparked by the increase in sunlight and set them back a few weeks! :mad: Anyways, I created a cage to stop them. Here's some of the new growth!
942LDVi.jpg

Rubra on the rise!
lzxGguY.jpg

eyqsjWb.jpg

ljKotQ2.jpg

2MDGD24.jpg

CRHOF8z.jpg

This one is recovering from a viscous bird attack. A big cluster like the first one got broken up, 2/3 divisions are making a comeback.
11aKx5g.jpg

XIHlHc2.jpg

The Cage ^^
-- TR

Plants look happy to be outside!

Plants look happy to be outside!

I agree! These are plants that I rescued from Lowes last winter, and they have made a bunch of divisions since then.
Here are all of the ones which were re-potted yesterday and are under two new 24w MarsHydro grow lights. It looked like there were 5 little plants growing together in a pot, all getting choked by moss. When I carefully removed the plants, it turned out there were 11 little plants! In my order of the lights, I also got 40 2" square seedling pots. I covered the bottom of each pot with a bit of LFSM and then filled them with peat/perlite mix. One trick I have found when using these 2" square pots is that they fit perfectly into Oreo trays!
W5CZiPf.jpg

5QqBOnT.jpg

NIS5ZGB.jpg

-- TR

Back