What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My vft doesnt have a red tent

• Thread starter lovely42503
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly vft
L

lovely42503

my vft doesnt have the red in the middle... i live and GA and i put it outside all day while i am gone... when i get home i bring it in... cause its normally not that sunny if sunny at all when i bring it in my house... and even then the room i put it in is sunny... so i dont think its because of not getting enough sun... it probably get about 8-9 hours or more of sun! i dont know what to do! maybe i have a weird fly trap that doesnt get red inside the trap! and i just havent heard about that kind or something! well whatever it is please help me!
~Lauren~
aka worried vft owner!
smile.gif

Hi Lauren
smile.gif

Don't worry...its not a big deal if your traps aren't pink/red. That isn't a sign that something is wrong. While the amount of sun can affect the coloring, its also related to the genes in the plant. Some get more pink than others and some don't get pink at all. There are varieties (like Green Dragons and Red Dragons) that are genetically more disposed to the red pigmentation. Also, give it some time...it may color up as it grows.

Suzanne

How long have you been doing this? On my plants, only newly developed traps turn red if they were out in the sun. I would say keep doing what you are doing, and give it some time
alien.gif

Cole

thanks i havent been doing this long at all! like maybe 3 weeks now... maybe 4... but thanks for the advice! ~Lauren~

just curious..but why do you bring it inside at night?
that makes no sense to me..
it would be better to give it a permanant place (outdoors) and leave it there all Summer...
(actually, in Georgia you could probably just leave it outside all year! never need to bring it in at all..even in the winter..)

what is the reason for bringing it in every night?

Scot

Back