What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your vfts

• Thread starter uglypho
  • Start date
This is just for fun.
tounge.gif
I have:Typical,prostrate,blood red, green dragon, and bigmouth.It has been quite a while and I would like to see the new VFTs you got.
smile.gif

i have :
typical ( also have one that is 50 years old , thank Bobz )
dente
red variety
giant
blood red trap ( my current favorite  
tounge.gif
 )
fine tooth x red
green dragon
red dragon

also i have 2 other ones that i am not sure of but 1 seem to be an all green variety and another have very long thin petioles that creep on the floor which i belive is the variety creeping death .

can you get a pic of one that is 50 years old

Gold trap can you get a pic of your blood red and 50 year old VFT.Plz get the Blood red.I got one and it's too young!
mad.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

My collection is quite small. (And no I do not have a fifty year-old flytrap.
tounge.gif
wink.gif
) That is impressive though. Anyway here is my collection.

(1) Five typical VFTs
(2) One red dragon
(3) One dente
(4) One green dragon

Toodles,
Wes

Just look at my signature
biggrin.gif

i'll try to take pics but i must tell yuh i've never posted a piuc on internet before and i'm not a very good photographer but i'll try . the blood red trap vft is absolutly beutiful , i got it from cooks and the 50 year old plant is quite nig . i'll get pics as soon as possbile .

Red Dragon
Typical
Dentate
Red Rosette Giant x Burgandy Trap Giant Upright ( Thank you Phil Faulisi!&#33
wink.gif

And the experimental "Blue Wonder" (ie: I wonder if it will turn blue with food coloring!&#33
wink.gif

Just a little clarification about the 50-year-old VFT. I bought a package of 3 VFTs in a five-and-dime store in Berkeley in about 1955. They have been with me since. Every late winter I divide up the multiple "bulbs" and spread them around. In the spring, I let all my VFTs flower and hand pollinate them for seed. I always keep about 20 of the original plants (clones) in a separate pot so they do not get mixed up with selfed seedlings or other VFT breedings.

I don't have a digital camera, so I have no photos. This old clone is rather plain with a light red trap interior and medium-sized traps (even those grown outdoors in full sun). In spring, the leaves have long uprightish petioles, becoming typical flat rosettes as summer progresses.

Wow... it's amazing that a VFT can live that long without being claimed by a disease...
wow.gif

thanks again bobz for the 50 year old vft .it very red though in the trap , a bit on the edges of the trap and on the edges of the leaves .

I have 3 Green Dragons and 1 Common. I'll try to post pics asap
smile.gif

Hello,
I have:
6 Dentates
6 Red dragons
1 Red Piranha
1 Jaws
2 typical

Just ordered 1 Fang and one red-green.

Ok.. as promised I have posted a few pics of my Flytraps. Just clik the my homepage link to see them.
p.s. a couple of them were a lil camera shy and didnt make it into the gallery yet lol I'll try to get some more posted soon.

1 typical and will be buying 2 green dragons this week

Back