What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

growth rate?

• Thread starter willis
  • Start date
Hello.
In growing green dragons from bulbs, how long before they start to emerge? Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the forums
smile.gif

They should start growing right away. Its hard to say cause its been a little while since I bought bulbs. I can deffinately say that you will be able to see some growth in at least a week.

you know...I had this whole reply ready...then my internet access went down...So I lost it all.

Hopefully I can get it out one more time. :smile:

Unknownclown is right...growth should be noticed right away. You should see leaves coming from the middle of the plant.

It will though take 4-6 weeks to produce a normal plant (being several leaf/traps).

Make sure though that you provide enough light, warmth, and water for the plant while it is producing new growth.

If it gets to cold...you will induce dormancy.

Not enough light and it will not grow (possibly die)

Warmth will indicate Spring to the plant and all these things will contribute to a beautiful healthy VFT!

I hope this helps!

Keep me informed about the progress!

Temperature and water appear to be OK. I'm hoping the light is sufficient--natural light from a window facing west, a bank of overhead florescents in the ceiling and a 60w GE grow bulb in a desk lamp ~12 inches away. Nothing so far, but it's been less than a week.

That sounds like it should be fine to me.

Back