What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which Vft is the best/easiest to grow

D

Dan the man

hey,
I have a common fly trap but it's small
so i am thinking on getting a new one.
can anyone recomend me which one
would be the best choice. Ex. red/green
dragon etc.
tanx

I can speak for all the varieties but I can say the green dragon is a very aggressive grower. I got mine in march and it is HUGE now. About 8, 1 inch (give or take little) traps per plant.
Buckmaster

thanx for the info! buckmaster
where do you think i can get one? (besides internet)

Get one here... it's worth the wait (and it ain't that long)!

Hey diflam,
approximately how long will it take?
if i buy one here, how big will it be when it comes?
And thanx for the feedback

Hi Pips

Why don't you email or message Phil or Jeff here at Exotic Gardens...they have great plants and can tell you about the sizes. The green dragons are very nice. :)

Suzanne

Heya Dan,
You can also see pics of the green dragons in the gallery section of this webpage.

I would go with a green dragon from this sight. You might be initially disapointed when you first take it out of the box but give it a few weeks and I promise you will be fully satisfied.
Buckmaster

I got a Red Dragon from Mike King about a month ago, it came with 4 traps and two developing leaves. Its now got 6 traps - 3 of them are 1.5", and 9 developing leaves... its going to be big (it is already 9" across!)

My common VFT is struggling though...
sad.gif
just a meager 3 traps and 1 developing leaf...

I would go with a Red or Green Dragon, although Red Dragons are meant to be harder to grow :confused:

I might pick up a Red Dragon at Mike's open day. I bought a Royal Red from him a couple of months ago and it's the biggest all-red VFT I've ever seen.

Go with the Green Dragon! They need just about the same conditions as all the others but you will be muccchhh happier with the results!

Back