What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green Dragon VFT

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
Today I got my 10 Green Dragon plugs in the mail. I am very happy with the quality of the plants. I expected them to be smaller than they are.

I will be keeping a record on their development and posting it on my website.

Once again,

Thank you!
smile.gif

Ooh congratulations!!
I was going to order some green dragons and a nep or sarr...
But I might want a ping so I'm gonna wait and see for their updates.
So are you going to skip the dormancy this year for your bulbs?

Most of these are going into a makeshift bog. I am going to keep this bog indoors until next spring. The plants will be under grow lights until then. Two of these Green Dragons are being planted elsewhere. One will be going into my current cp terrarium, and the other into a fishbowl terrarium ( actually, its already there ).

I will be skipping the dormancy period this year.  
wink.gif

I have been reading that VFTs like to be in the open. Is it acceptable to keep young plants in a growth chamber/indoor greenhouse?

greendragon_fishbowl.jpg
Fish Bowl Terrarium.

greendragons_in_bog.jpg
Green Dragon Plugs/Bulbs in Tub Bog.

Its now Saturday and all my GD VFTs are doing well. I have new growth appearing on all. Looks like they will all survive.
smile.gif

Cool! That is really good news. Give some pics when you can.:)

Hi, can anyone tell me why the leaf on my flytrap turned black a day or two after eating a cricket....

Well, its been 8 days since I got my Green Dragon VFT plugs. Here are what three of them look like now.

GreenDragonDay8.jpg

Soon I will be transplanting a few to new homes. I have been collecting open top glass jars to grow a few in.

8/18/2002

I have my Green Dragons online.

Nick

Back