What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Temp. changes

I had a few questions that need answering.  If I put my VFT's inside in front of a window, is the light that is coming through the window less effective than if I had the VFT's outside?  And if I do put my VFT's outside, when they go from an air conditioned house out into 90+ degree temps. is this going to harm them in anyway?  and do they need more water if they are going to be out in the hot weather all day?  And I give them southern exposure which I heard is the best for them, if not let me know.  Thanks again for all the help it is much appreciated
biggrin.gif
. Oh yea and I just remembered one other thing I was wondering about. One of my VFT's has super small miniature mouths growing down kind of in the middle of the plant, I wish I could supply pictures, but I don't have a camera or a scanner, but I was just wondering what these are?

i don't know where you live but i done what you are asking i can tell you that my plants (vft's )
didn't mind it but if you take them out of A/C take them out very early in the morning and
let them adjust to the temp. but i took mine from out side to my window it didn't make
a lot of difference with them as long as they had 6-8 hours of good sunlight. as far as
i can tell what your saying it sounds like you are getting new leaves. don't worry about them
too much they should be ok.

Back