What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeding tofu to vft?

• Thread starter Cryix
  • Start date
  • Tags
    rot vft
C

Cryix

I was coming from my local asian gorcery store. And I just came up with a crazy idea!! Would it be ok to feed Tofu to my VFT's? Im thinking that it may be alittle too moist and may rot the traps out. Let me know!

Well you will never know till you try. Feed a nice chunk of tofu to one trap. Then use a toothpic to stimulate the trap into full closure. The worst that could happen is that a trap will rot. By that time there would be already 5 new traps to replace the dead ones.No worries!!!!
wink.gif

I wouldn't. tofu has lots of salt in it, which cps dont like

Your VFT might like it. They like egg so I can't see why they won't like tofu. It's certainly more appetizing than a piece of dead skin from an athletes foot infection. Just use a very small piece to avoid rotting/fungus and start with a spare plant just in case it's too rich and rots the trap. Tofu is high in protein and, unless it's added for flavoring, is lower in salt than milk.

alien.gif

Back to that feeding vft egg thing...

What part of the egg do you feed it, how much do you feed it, and how is the egg prepared? I'm curious. I've never heard of such a thing and it sounds kind of strange but fascinating. Also, how do you know that they like it?

rolleyes.gif

Sounds reasonable, I gave my VFT rice once, and I dusted it with vitamin stuff from my bearded dragon, he digested it, and it wasnt even a waste, anyways, Im really irratible, you guys are seeing my nice side, This falcon is driving me insane, Gotta go, anyways, you should try dusting some vitamin supplment on it before you do it, so at least its not eating no nutrional value.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (butthead @ July 19 2003,4:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Back to that feeding vft egg thing...

What part of the egg do you feed it, how much do you feed it, and how is the egg prepared? I'm curious. I've never heard of such a thing and it sounds kind of strange but fascinating.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
You can blame the egg thing on Darwin.  He used bits of egg on sundews to prove they ate bugs.  Most people use a very small piece of egg white.  If it's too big, fungus will take over before the plant gets it absorbed.  With flytraps you have to go through the rigamarole that uglypho descibes to get the trap to seal.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (butthead @ July 19 2003,4:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Also, how do you know that they like it?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
I assume it likes it because it's never spit the egg back out like my daughter used to do when we fed her eggs
biggrin.gif

alien.gif

Edited @ 10:56, July 19,2003
Fix the egg any way you want. If you fry it, get the oil/grease/lard off before feeding it to your plant.

Thanks. I think I'll try it becuase my guys haven't been catching any bugs lately...

wow.gif

yummy yum!

(Sorry, i'm in a goofy mood today)

Back