What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They are eatting one another

• Thread starter Meagan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly
So, I get home from work yesterday, and as usual, I check on my fly traps, BUT...one is closed on another trap! Is this normal practice for them? I yelled and shook a finger, but it didn't help. Has anyone seen this before? Is it like sisters fighting?

Hehe, no, that's not normal, but it happens. Just a little accident. Scold them some more and hopefully they won't do it again.
smile.gif

hehe! I took a picture, but my husband needs to do the computer work... I laughed, but do I just leave it alone?

Hi, I have 12 vft`s on my kitchen windowsill with traps growing in every direction you can think of! Their actually beginning to freak out my wife. This also happens to me sometimes, just carefully remove one trap from the other and they should be fine.

(larry is going to make fun of me here) but anyhow, I use toothpicks sticking up from the soil to make them behave and away from each other. I also rotate the pot so that they grow in a nice rosette fashion instead of having them all grow towards the light source.
wink.gif

toothpicks, now is that nuts or is that nuts? lol
don't go inventing no vft brace to strap onto the poor guy!

Back