What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color of vfts

I was just wondering which color is healthy for a typical Venus Fly Trap. Is a red one healthy? Or Green? Thanx!

hard to answer . well your plant should be green ,that means its ok , but if the inside of the traps are green , either you got some variety that is all green or your plant is not getting enough light , if it got a good amount fo light then the inside would be pinkish or red , if some leaves are black or yellow then that means that you either got a few old leaves , your plant is dieing , it just want to go to dormancy , your not doing something right or its just natural because of shock . hopes this helps , other wise you can check my care sheet .

It should be dark green with some reddish coloring on the interior of the traps. This doesn't necessarily define whether a vft is healthy or not. It lets you know if it's getting the right amount of light though. As long as the vft is getting enough light, is grown correctly and is free of pests and diseases then it should be healthy.

-buckeye

Yes, I think some more light could be in order, the vft's aren't getting much. However, It is at the bottom of the leaves up to the middle that is a little reddish-pinkish. Is this just because of the kind of plant or a problem? thanks
confused.gif

Most Venus Flytraps have some red coloration towards the center of their traps. However, there are all Green Venus Flytraps as well as all Red Venus Flytraps. In between these extremes are all sorts of colorations.

Here are a few examples:

TypicalVFTPinkJaws.jpg

CVFTRedTrapCloseup.jpg

GreenDragons3-26-2003.jpg

RedCenterGreenTeeth.jpg

pinkJawVFT.jpg

Wow!
wow.gif
Great pictures! I especially like that one with the purple traps. What variation is that called?

Back