Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Help with my vft :)

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote (Malli @ Sep. 09 2003,11:33)
    I have just once question: to leave in the pot, or not to leave in the pot ?[/QUOTE]
    Leave them in the pot, put the pot in a ziplock bag and put it into the fridge somewhere where it wont get forgotten and pushed all the way to the back. (the back of the fridge is usually the coldest and in some cases its cold enough to freeze things there) I kinda like the idea of putting them in the door shelf. Check them a couple times a week to make sure they arent dry, or moldy and they should be ok.

Good luck
    Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, the dente is looking SO much better, its almost miraculous. I'm going to keep them out of dormancy a little longer (until I have to start using the electric heat lots), in hopes the dente will recover itself a little better before "the big sleep".
    Now to deal with the akai ryu. I had a thought, though it might be just stupid, will the cold in the fridge kil the aphids? I'm really trying to stay away from a pesticide for it, because someone mentioned it could be harmful.
    I'm so glad I found this forum! It saved my plant

Malli

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so glad to hear that! As for the aphids the cold temps probably would not kill them just cause them to slow down. try submerging the plant for 3 days this time maybe that will work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dad manually treats aphids with rubbing alcohal, I was thinking to use that, since even if it does damage the leaves on the plant, they will die off in dormancy any way...

Malli

5. Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345