What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaf cuttings

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">... you can pull a leaf off  with its white base intact and place it on top of peat moss , it will make plantlets on its base...[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Is this true, and as easy as it sounds? I've noticed when pulling dead leaves out that sometimes the base of the leaf comes out with it. I'm presuming all I have to do is pull a healthy, young(ish) leaf out, and poke the base of it into something damp? Wrong time of year, I know, but I've not had a spring with my CPs yet, and I'd like to be prepared.

While I'm on the subject, I have two other plants I'd like to grow more of. I don't know the names of what I've got here, but I do have a photo:

Sundew-in-flower.jpg

The sundew is apparently easy to grow from leaf. I've tried it, but the leaf just dies
sad.gif

Any help anyone can give me would be fantastic. Thank you!

Back