What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question?

If I were to buy a flytrap at this point would it be required to go through dormancy now? And exactly when is the Dente on sale I really would like to order or pre-order one?

You should ask your nursery where your buying then plant from about it. If it is relativly young or started by tissue culture then i dont think it would require the dormancy. You could probably leave it until next winter, but it is possible it may need dormancy and you will probably be able to tell if it does if its leaves are a bit smaller and it dosn't grow very fast, or at all.
- Again just ask whoever your buying it from about it, they should know all the details.

Mix

Hi Nostalgia,

We have the dente plants now... I forgot to add them to the shopping cart this week
sad.gif
sorry guys!

Anyway to answer the dormancy question, no they won't need dormancy now since they are tissue cultured and recent brought out of the process.

Phil when i purchased my dente from exotic gardens it said double potted, does this mean 2 pots or two plants or what?

Hey Nostalgia

It is two plants in one pot. Everyone that has done it loves it. It totally fills out the pot.

Plus if you thnk about it...you are getting 2 plants for like &#368.00 ( that's four bucks per plant.)

OMG i just fainted....

= )

Jaie, when I ordered my Dente thats the only choice or option that I had to choose from. Is Exotic gardens selling them all double potted, because mine wasnt 8&#36 it was 6&#36

hmmm, &#363 a plant? Now Mondo's gonna really die, call and ambulance someone

We have the double plant option for all the flytraps.

1 is 6&#36
add 1 for 1.99
that makes it like &#368.08

when did you order one? email me your order number and I will take a look at it.

Which Flytrap would suggest for me? This will be my First one!

hey Titus

If you have never had one...I would suggest you get a common flytrap and then also get a Green Dragon.

The common because many people have never seen one in person. They are very neat plants ( neat being an understatement).

I would also get the Green Dragon because they are very fast growing and have great coloration. They are a hybrid plant and therefore has a little more room to give as far as treatment ( very little though).

If you do not think that you can handle the lighting requirements for the plant...( which can be hard to some people...they need about 8-10 hours of sunlight...if you use artificial light...then they need 12-16 hours) I would try a Nepenthes, Butterwort, or a Sundew. The Nepenthes and Butterwort that we have on this site are very easy to care for.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Nostalgia on 11:44 pm on Nov. 26, 2001
If I were to buy a flytrap at this point would it be required to go through dormancy now? And exactly when is the Dente on sale I really would like to order or pre-order one?
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Titus

If you bought a flytrap from us or any other plant...

None would require dormancy because they have just come out of tissue culture. So they are safe to go without until next winter. however it is not the 'norm' because most places do not always have a constant source of plants available.

If you are looking to buy one from someone else...I would ask that question to them. How old are the plants...or would they require dormancy this winter.

They should be able to answer you one way or the other.

Back