What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini Greenhouses

If I get a Mini greenhouse, or terrarium, Can i keep it in the sun outside? i live in the Northern states. If not, what should i put it in outside? I like to keep it outside here in the summer because its about 85 degrees out and 60%-75% humidity.
And, can i keep it in the mini greenhouse outside?

Questions Questions....

Sincerely,
Kevin

Kevin,

If the humidity outside is 60%-75% and the VFT can be exposed to direct sunlight for at least 4-6 hours/day, then you probably won't need a terrarium. Just continue with the water tray method or consider a mini-bog garden.

With a temp of 85 degree, a mini-bog garden would retain water better than a small pot sitting on a water tray, therefore, less watering on your part.

For more ideas regarding a mini-bog garden (...not the type where you have to dig up your lawn or anything like that), consider buying the book, "Savage Garden". It's got pictures and plenty of info on this subject.

Happy CP growing!

Back