What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HI!!

• Thread starter starrbinkey
  • Start date
  • Tags
    baby fly
S

starrbinkey

Hi every one. For everyone thats curious I am 12.I guess my baby fly trap is dying. Will it come back? See only one trap& another.Alitter bit dying. Will all the others die to.I mean right now. I know they'll all die sometime,but will they die all right now? Because the others? This place is so cool. my mom won't let me chat. Only here.I love plants.:)

Go to the topic where you asked for help before..there are several answers to your questions about your venus fly trap. Hopefully you are only giving it distilled water or rain water..no city water...the chemicals will kill your plant. Run lots of distilled water through your plant and let it drain. Then sit the pot in about 1/4 inch of distilled water. It needs lots of light too. Maybe you can revive the plant. If not you may need to try another one. Read as much as you can on this site...it will give you all the information you need to grow your plants well. Good luck
smile.gif

If it does end up taking the way of the Dodo(dying). Buy your next plant from this site ok. These guys are REALLY good at getting you a totally healthy plant, and if something goes wrong, they will usually replave it if it got to you diieng. They really like their customers.

I'll agree with Flint on this one. I ordered my trap from this site and I've only had it two weeks. I got the double plant option and I already have two new mature traps and four more are growing as we speak. The guys here really know what they're doing. Hope everything turns out OK.

Buckmaster

Hi Starr

It's a little hard to answer your question without knowing more about your plant. Such as: what kind of soil is it in, how much light is it getting, what kind of water are you using and how much, are you feeding it and if so, what?

Tap water can kill your plant; teasing the traps to see them close (empty) can kill them; feeding them things like hamburger (human food) can kill them. Traps will also turn black and die off naturally after they have fed a few times so that is normal. The traps don't live forever. Also VFTs require a winter "sleep" period (dormancy) so if it has not had any dormancy at all, that may be why its having problems. VFTs should just now be waking up and starting new growth (its spring! welllll...almost!)

The basics are: bright light, distilled or rain water ONLY, keep soil wet, pot in 50% peat/50% sand; don't worry too much about feeding it...let the plant catch its own bugs (they do not need to eat bugs to live). The bugs are an extra bonus. You can trim off dead traps to help prevent fungus.

Feel free to visit the forums and read all the information. If you have any more questions, give as much information as you can about your plant.

Good luck!

Suzanne

Back