What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tea

• Thread starter honoroll2002
  • Start date
  • Tags
    soil
H

honoroll2002

Hi!

Someone wrote in below about using tea in the soil to make it more acidic. Why whould you want to do that? What type of tea would you use? I read somewhere that VFTs are very sensitive about their water and it's cleanliness. Won't tea kill the plant? Could someone shed some light for me.

Thank You

ya i heard the same about coffee too
confused.gif

Well, I think the reason people say that is because tea contain tannic acid (I think) and that is acidic. Coffen containes caffein which is what we called a "xanthine".

Although in low quantity they can alter the acidity of the solution to more acidic. However, whether it will make your VFT happy is an entirely different question. I guess the only way to find it out is by giving it a try?

Regard

Joe

I think it is to change the ph of the water like a ph up or a ph down

fre8train-Yes we know that. We were talking about that.
biggrin.gif

Dag ooh man, it me who put the tea thing. Man I did it. But man I put it in my water(distiled) and watered it. Dag ooh man
the tea is green tea. Man I have been doing it for man 5 month. And man those plants are still good man.

Back