What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reversed dormancy....help

I got a dormant bigmouth, from Australia,(The backwards season thingy). I don't want to give it dormancy this summer or let it grow over the winter. Any advise would be appriciated(sp?)

you dont want to give it dormancy this summer or let it grow during the winter.. so you want it to be dormant in YOUR winter (our summer) and grow in your summer (our winter)

i i've heard that if its the plants first year then it doesn't need dormancy (first year out of TC i assume?) so maybe you could skip it?

interesting thought: if you grew them from seeds in your summer, would they go dormant in your winter? or is dormancy "programmed" in.

Heck,
why not just purchase some VFT's from the other hemishpere, too. Then you could have VFT's all year 'round! While some were dormant in the winter, others would be dormant in the summer....

Ha, I was thinkin about that schloaty.
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

cool
, imagine if they invented a vft that never needs dormancy , how fun it would be to grow a vft year round .

I might be wrong but a vft that requires no dormancy does exist.It is a winter grower.

That would certainly change the vft industry. There is no telling how many people have not bought vft's because they didn't want to handle the dormancy.
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
alien.gif
wow.gif

Back