What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, I've heard you like VFT stories, so heres mine...

I went to the Supermarket with my dad, and as we passed through the plant aisle on the way in, I saw a sign that "Venus flytraps" I had no time to stop, so I waited until we got to the register and I said " Hey Dad, I'm gonna look at something". I went over to the VFT's, and they were in sad shape. They were all green, had never had sun before were in a soil of shredded wood and potting soil. Worst of all, They were at least three different hybrids there! There was dente, sawtooth, common, and the big giant ones. They also had some Drosera there, I beleive Drosera Adalea (or something like that) and were also labeled, on thier little box, "Venus Flytraps". I couldn't believe my eyes!! I was shocked. The boxes said nothing about taking care of them or anything. Then, this little kid then came up to me and said, "Ooooooh. Venus flytraps!" Well, i bought one and I am going to give it to my friend, for a "thank you" gift. I am taking care of it now, and it is doing good, thankfully. Oh, and by the way, it is a dente.

Thanks for reading,
Kevin

sad.gif
, but then,
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

It made me so sad... *snif sniff*.. i think i need a tissue.

Back