What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water tips

• Thread starter nightbreed
  • Start date
I have read that red dragons like it alittle drier. How do you all water them?
alien.gif

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but my red dragons are in the same big pot with my dente, typicals, and greens, and they seem plenty happy.

If I were to say there was a different method of watering them, I would suggest maybe going another day longer between re-filling the saucer, or perhaps keep the water level in the saucer, in general, lower than you would with other plants.

I treat my Red Dragons the same as my Green Dragons and other VFTs. I have them setting in trays with ¼' to 1" of water in full sun from 12:30 to whenever the shade from the nearby garage gets to them (about 6:OO).

My Red Dragon's are with all my other VFT's and get no special treatment: all grow naturally in an outdoor mini-bog which remains wet all season, and occasionally verges on semi-aquatic after heavy rains. They are doing well under this regimen.

Me too!
biggrin.gif

I keep my Red Dragon in a mini bog container with my Dente, typical, and Green Dragon. I keep the sphagnum moss moist at all time and the Red Gragon is thriving the best out of the four VFTs.
smile.gif

Back