What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replanting

Hey guys, just got my flytrap today and was wondering when and how to replant? Any tips or guidelines to follow?? I have a 5gal terrarium with good soil and drainage and was wondering if you could tell me how long to wait to replant and give me any other tips. Thanks!!

well, it's probably fresh out of tissue culture if you just got it, so you'll want to wait for next year till you put it in dormancy. the spring after dormancy is usually when you replant.

however, if your going to put it in a terrarium, you can either re-plant now, or just put the pot in there for a while, either way is fine.

When re-planting be very delicate, every fiber of a flytraps roots are precious as gold to the plant, keep the soil and root ball intact as possible.

Clueless, you really dont have to replant a VFT (just make sure to give it a good drowning in pesticide), doing so is just more dangerous to the plant. Also i know this might sound a bit stupid if you already know, but make sure you have the right soil mix in your terrium and NO FERTILIZER.
Thats all...

Mix

Back