What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awww nuts!

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
While going through my collection of flytrap pics yesterday, I discovered I had placed some of the photos of the plants I grew from small rhizomes that I had trimmed into the folder of my leaf cuttings
confused.gif
.  I subsequently posted them as being leaf cuttings the other day
mad.gif
.  This is a pic of some of my plants from leaf cuttings:  

VFT%20leafcuttings%207-10-03.jpg

and this is the pic I posted as being grown from leaf cuttings which was actually grown from rhizomes I cleaned up and trimmed.

VFT%20trap.jpg

I apologize for the misinformation guys.
BigCarnivourKid

alien.gif

BCK, I see no problem with the mistake, but your cuttings are looking great!
Looks like they eat well too.
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Heh, I thought it was too good to be true. Don't we all wish they grew that fast?
smile.gif

Thanks guys
smile.gif
!  I just didn't want a newbie to expect that kind of growth on a leaf cutting, which is why I also posted pics of some of my leaf cuttings for comparison.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (alandallas @ Oct. 08 2003,12:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looks like they eat well too.  
biggrin.gif

smile.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
biggrin.gif
They do make a pig of themselves.  The larger plants did well on earwigs this past month.  You can see the remains of an earwig in the rhizome pic.  It's the bug in the small trap behind the trap that is next to the ruler.

From a leaf cutting that is still a eye popping vft you have BCK!
wow.gif
How old is the cutting?

Travis

To make a long story short, I did the leaf cuttings and the rhizome trimming back at the beginning if January. The leaf cuttings where leaves I'd pulled off to throw away and planted instead in the leftover potting mix I had when I finished repotting the rhizomes.  I really didn't expect them to grow as I was pretty rough in trimming the rhizomes.

All my VFTs seem to have done the best growing during August and September. Those are the months they seem to really fill out and look like nice plants.

alien.gif

Back