What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got my VFT!!!!!

hey all, i just got my VFT, i carefully removed the top plastic and the plastic lining that was with the top and NONE of the traps are dead! they all look very healthy, i am mad becuase there is no sun now and i have a quesiton, with the tray that comes with it on the bottom, if i fill that w/ water can it get to the soil of the VFT so it can drink it from there? thanks all! i am very happy! thank you jaie and phil!!!!!!
-Stefano

(Edited by Stefano1 at 2:43 pm on Feb. 6, 2002)

Hello Stefano,
Yes, placing water in the tray will let it soak up plenty of water, but remember to use only distilled water (not spring water).

spring water? spring water has chlorine and stuff in it too? i thought it was only tap water..... and i thought spring water was good. i didnt water w/ spring water. i just thought spring water had no chemicals in it

No spring water doesn't have chlorine but it does have minerals which also should be avoided cause the plants are just picky that way.
Oh and I don't know if you have checked out some of the older posts which I strongly recomend but you should also water vft by adding the water into the tray not the pot.
Oh and not to be negative but don't stress out too much if a few of the traps die. Sometimes the plants go into shock from getting shipped and being in a different enviroment. If that does happen it will usually pass in about 2 weeks.

so dont water it from the top?

nope:) just pour it into the tray

Use distilled or clean stream / river water. Keep the pot permanently in a flower pot saucer of the water.
Your plant will be ok on a windowsill, it'll start growing properly in say April.

Hmm....Does anyone sleep anymore?
smile.gif
I am looking at the times most of you posted and your all early people! You guys must be soo anxious to come to the forums to check out new posts ya can't sleep!

haha...Nep G I am  looking at the time you posted that and it says 4:40am looks like you're the anxious one
smile.gif

Yeah but your on the west coast Clown. And my time is 7:40 AM which was at the time I posted. Hmm.....goofy board system!

ok you got me there Nep G
smile.gif
I forgot about that.. DUH!

Yes! And another score for the Nepmiester!

Nep.G. Clown
1point 0points

Come on Miss clown get me back on a tie! :cheesy:

hmm.. if memory serves... 'miss clown' is a read head... and NG, you don't want to play with that type of fire!
smile.gif

LOL!

Thanks RamPuppy
smile.gif

And no I am not the most pleasant person to mess with, on top of that I am also a scorpio.

OK I edited that last part just  in case it could be taken as anything else but joking around and having fun.

Ohh I am not scared. Just alittle jumpy. I'd better watch out for dark corners and ally ways! :eek:

ugh! Ram i thought you were gettin on me about being nice when I saw;
Forum Rules:
1) Have Fun
2) Be Nice
3) Do NOT post links to sites that sell CP's.
4) Respect My Authoritat!
Ya scared me man I thought I was in trouble. I guess you get a point too now.

Now I really have to be on high alert! You two may be waiting in my garage or my dark and scary basement.
smile.gif
I think I'll start to carry around a radar or wear a thermal vision mask. :cheesy:

LOL! NO, not at all UC! I wasn't trying to scare you! I changed my sig file...

I figured it would be a nice step in reminding folks to play nice... every time I post, there is now a reminder! :)

NG, I don't like cold dark places, So we'll just leave a note, and when your at the right spot, call the Coffee shop round the corner, and we'll be right over to give you a stern talking to!
smile.gif
jk

You know, as far as boards go, this is pretty much the most laid back crowd I have ever encountered.

Back