What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They just got up!

Terrific....Just Terrific! But I read in D'Amato's book that Flava's flower's don't tend to smell that way.
smile.gif

Thay smell more like Boxwood or Musty odors.

LOL i can't understand why you say you get bored looking at your other cp's while ur flytraps r in dormancy........never the less winter is approaching us here and i can put my flytrap to sleep in the fridge(i've heard so many positive remarks about the fridge i mose well try it and i think my plant has a few pests and i am sure 4 months in the fridge will kill any little blighters on it) Um nep G how did u apply the fungicide to your flytraps bfore putting them in the fridge?spray them or dunk them in it?

Well Mondo I am getting bored because I have cabin fever! I am stuck up in NY with all of this blasted snow! I want spring to be here! That's why I am bored at looking at my other CP's but now that my VFT's are resuming growth I am getting out of the bored mode and back into cool and awesome mode.
smile.gif
But anyways I applied my fungicide by dunking the whole plant roots and all under the fungicide/water mix. And look how it worked for me! Perfect -plants!

I use the whole pot method, but I'm sure NG's is fine.

NG, sounds like you'd like bulbs(eg tulips, alliums etc.) Grow any?? You know Spring has finally arrived when you see the daffodils coming up! But I think that January thaw we had recently confused my crocuses--they're trying to come up now! :shocked: But I think I fixed that.
Do you grow any bulbs? Loads of people are obsessed with 'em for good reason. :biggrin:
Chris

Of course I do! VFT's of course! :biggrin: :cheesy: Ha! Pretty funny eh? But seriously I do have Daffodiles,Red Tulips,and I think some Gladiola's out back but I am not sure as I can't remeber. But the "other" gardeners in my house usually look after them. I just go around at night in a black suit and ski mask in the summer and spritz them with some Superthrive. Then they think they are great gardeners! Ha! Am I good or what. It is pretty fun to do that trick on them!

I odn't know if it helps any, but instead of just dunknig my plants, I actually let them soak in the solution for a minute or so, and swished them around to ensure that no air-bubbles were preventing contact with potential fungal problems.

I have some black beareded Irsis waking up for spring now... can't wait.. I watered the ONE with superthrive all last year, and now, it has five crowns (THey usually produce one crown per year) and is rootbound... or perhaps bulb'bound would be a better term!

Can't wait.. will be pretty...

That could be a way to improve chances of success without fungal problems. I never thought of that. God luck on your Iris's.
smile.gif
Everyone loves Superthrive don't we.

That could be a way to improve chances of success without fungal problems. I never thought of that. Good luck on your Iris's.
smile.gif
Everyone loves Superthrive don't we.

how do you reproduce VFT's?

when they are growing how do you get the 'seeds' from them to grow more VFTS?

Hey Stefano,
check out:
http://www.sarracenia.com/faq/faq2500.html
VFTs can be propagated through several methods, seed being the most time-consuming and generally troublesome.
A flytrap must have its pollen transferred from its flower to the flower of another flytrap in bloom for seed to be produced.
Chris

There are 4 major ways to reproduce VFT's. Leaf Cuttings,Tissue Culture,Seed,and Division. The easiest ways would be for the hobbist like ourselves would be leaf cuttings or division. I don't reccomend to get seed from your VFT. I reccomend to buy it from a seed source. That is what I will be doing at least. But Tissue Culture is for commercial businesses such as Petflytrap. So there ya go.

Back