What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seperating plants

i bought a venus fly trap from home depot about a week ago.  i thought it was one plant, but it looks like 2 or 3 plants potted together.  i was thinking of seperating them and planting them in a bigger pot.  is it hard to do?  i heard they had fragile roots and im worried that i might damage some when i seperate them..  so how would i do it?

I would leave them together for now.They have not had the best growing conditions and are already stressed. I have several that are growing together and it does not seem to hurt the plant. If one starts to die you may want to seperate them then, but I would not do it if they are all healthly.

i would leave them as well...  infact here at petflytrap.com  i see there is the option to have 2 plants in one pot... it is a option available durring purchase process on some plants.  so i am confident that if that was not a good thing, these guys wouldn't do it  
biggrin.gif

Back