What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VFT Traps

J

Jeremy Simpkins

I just bought a brand-new VFT from Lowes and I was curios how many times the Traps open and close. Plus how long new leaves take to grow.

I would also like to know where they got the Venus part.

THey close up to 3 times.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Tristan on 2:54 pm on Mar. 22, 2002
THey close up to 3 times.
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Three times"ish"...

I just FED a trap that has closed two times, and i think that it will eat again once it opens. It looks reallygood...

Actually they can close much more than 3 times if each time no insect or digestable food is caught. If the traps close on small prey, they can often close more times than if the traps caught larger prey.

Thanks. Also do they eat ticks? My little brother stuck one in one of the traps. It's been in there for days.

It can take a couple of weeks to digest an insect sometimes, especially when it's colder. If the trap is sealed shut it will be eating away!

Um...Jeremy, I don't know if I would feed your trap more ticks those bugs like to burrow or dig and could possibly ruin a trap.
Thats just my opinion by the way I have never tried it so I dont know for sure but #### if they can dig right through skin (YEUCK!) then I dont see why they couldnt with the trap.

Back