What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lazy traps normal?

Plant seems to be putting on new traps fairly regularly so I feel it's health is ok but it doesn't like to eat lately. Can tickle the traps to death with angry buzzing fly but they refuse to close around them. Have we just overfed it and it is not hungry? put it outside late last week to enjoy 1st rain we have had in awhile and temp is lower than what it has been. should we be worried? any ideas?

Do the traps appear inverted (convex sides instead of concave)?  After several meals the traps  become exhausted and refuse to close again.  Try feeding it to a newly opened trap.

SF

Tried about 3 different traps. I know what you mean by convex. the shape they take when they seal around the flies as they secrete digestive juices. They appear to be ready and good sized. maybe I will wait for new traps to develope or some of the currently feeding ones to open back up. wanted to try and send pic here but can't figure out how.looks like i need image host for url

Back