What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waking up early.

Really Mondo, I thought it was quite interesting.

Flytraps always seem to send up flowers at weird times, don't know why. I wouldn't worry tho, just get snipping!

flower stalks now? that is very unusual. most uncommon time mine have tried to flower is mid summer
I don't expect mine to flower(try to flower,I mean:)) for another few months at least
yes unless you want seed (which could be interesting) dispose of those stalks! I'm germinating some flytrap seed from the ICPS Seedbank now and they're sooo cute! :cheesy:
Chris

good point mondo... I don't know that it proves my point though!
smile.gif

I don't know that the plants actually use their starch storage while in such a deep dormancy... think about it.. what are they going to use it for? certainly not growing... and their metabolic processes within each cell are slowed down to nearly nothing... they are essentially, not completely mind you, but essentially in a state of suspended animation...

As evidenced that there is no major change in size for a plant in a refrigerator, over a period of months...

however, a plant put into dormancy in the traditional method, not only adds starches, but expends them as well, so truly, in the lamest sense of the word.. perhaps they really are on an even playing field.. neither making gains or losses. interesting huh?

And BTW... you guys close your refrigerator doors? what's up with that!? how do you keep your homes cool?
smile.gif

yes it's great air conditioning on those hot summer days
smile.gif

the freezer is also highly effective

Back