What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's dead!

• Thread starter fernan003
  • Start date
  • Tags
    grow
F

fernan003

My trap was recently burned. I have given it much water and it has kept taking it in. One trap is like half dead and half dead. The moss growing around it was dead. Then it has started to grow back. Any suggestions for me on how to rejuvinate it faster. Also when should i hibernate it and how should i go about it?

I am assuming it was burn while being outside. I would move it to a partially shaded area. Let is recover...you could feed it if any of the traps work. Just to give it a boost. Also to prevent any burns slowly put it into the sun. I would not start dormancy until the plant is recovered fully. Wait til Nov or so to start that process.
If there is green there is hope! Also tender loving care works too.

travis

It's not likely to be dead. They get burnt in the wild all the time. When you say burned do you mean fire or sun? If it's fire bring it in and treat it like normal till it's better. If it's sun bring it in and water it like normal but don't over do it. If it's turning black and gooy it's dead if some leaves are just turning brown and curling it's just the leaves. If new baby traps are brown on the tips it's sunburn. If it has no baby traps and all the adult traps are brown and curling it needs it's nappy time
smile.gif

I'll try to include all comments in my reply. o.k. it was burnt by the sun. Also i only use distilled water.
biggrin.gif
Anyways, it is about 7 monthes old, should i repot it? It doesn't look like its needs to but i'm not sure. When are the traps (not plant) considered dead.
confused.gif

Don't repot!!!

( it is in the middle of the growth period for the plant and repotting will set it back ).

The traps will start to turn brown first, you can just cut them off ( but not the stem; it can still be used to make food for the plant via photosynethsis ).

I would keep the plant indoors, in a bright window....that should prevent it from getting burnt.

I wouldn't worry, unless you have no new traps coming from the middle of the plant, or you have burned all the traps currently on the plant.

If it is just a couple of traps ( including stems ), it should be fine
smile.gif

Back