What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you tell which vft you have?

• Thread starter Drew
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft
D

Drew

So far I've heard of Green Dragons, Read Dragons, and regular vft's. How can I tell what I have? I bought mine at a store, but the lable didn't say what kind I have. Some of my traps have red, some have only green, and some are sort of mixed. What kind do I have?

Also, I'm thinking of replanting it out of the plastic store pot into a bigger pot filled with peat moss and sand. I'm not sure what the store planted it in, but it doesn't look like peat moss.
confused.gif
It sort of looks like it was planted in pure moss because some of the "dirt" is slimey and green and some of it is growing into a plant that is not a vft.
confused.gif
Should I wash off all the store dirt off of the roots when I replant it, or should I keep it attatched the the plant when I replant it?

If you want photos, go to
http://www.humboldt.edu/~rrz7001/Dionaea.html

Be aware, however, that most of the names are not officially registered and have no published information that describes how that plant differs from other VFTs.

Back