What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

more ?s

how to reduce the risk of sunburn?
how long does it take for plants to come out of shock?

Sunburn results from putting plants in sun before they are "hardened" to it, they need time to develop protection to their cells, the same as you do. By starting slowly and gradually lengthening the time the plant is in the sun, you will allow the plant to toughen up enough to take the sun. Interupted sun by a screen of other plants so only broken sun reaches them is another method. Also be sure you use a watering tray, and keep the water level high enough so the plant never dries out. Depending on the stress, the plant should recover in a couple of weeks or so.

Nobody is getting annoyed. It's just that it was ironic that you say that people who ask questions are annoying, yet you as a lot of questions yourself. Nobody is going to stop you from your interest in these plants and i'm sure everyone here will do the best they can to help.

ask as long and as many questions as you like
as you at the best place to get answers
nobody is getting annoyed maybe someone said there are answers if you would look at back pages but don't worry about it you may look around and ask.
you had to know there is no better place for your questions and the best people here to answer them and all gladly answer .
arie

(Edited by arie at 1:49 pm on May 4, 2002)

Youmaybelost, But now youarefound
smile.gif

WELCOME!
smile.gif

Please ask all the questions that you have. We all only want for people to be able to grow these plants and have fun.

If you feel uncomfortable asking 'so many questions'

email me jaie@petflytrap.com

But I assure you that you are in good company!!!

Back