What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bart simpson vft

• Thread starter BobZ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft
Here is a photo of the Bart Simpson VFT, thanks to Stefan Ploszak.
bart03-1.jpg

BobZ

Careful! It just might eat your shorts!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

why would anyone want a hideously deformed genetic mutant?
not all mutations are a good thing.

most defects kill the individual organism that have the misfortune to possess them, for a good reason.

Scot

I must say its a revolting sight.Pwew!!! just absolutely nauseating! AWWWWWW TAKE IT AWAY!  
confused.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Ya but the plant is not way cool!
wink.gif

Thats not cool man... genetic fusions and stuff are illegal, poor plant...

I know it's not cool, I said it was way not cool.Illegal?Hhmmm, I'll check on that.

I don't think the plant is so bad, I kinda like it, it's cool looking. Why is it called the Bart Simpson VFT?

Don't be so hasty in condemning Bart Simpson aka Wacky Traps just because you think it is ugly. It does have a rather pretty flower. At least, I think so.
wackkyflw.JPG

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Trapsrock @ June 10 2003,12:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">genetic fusions and stuff are illegal[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Then I guess myself, half of my school and a whole slew of genetics, microbiologists, pharmacologists and other biological science people are going to jail soon
tounge.gif

There is nothing about genetic fusions that is illegal. Some people will argue that it is immoral but that is a different issue and a morality debate is not what this thread is about.

As for the plant, I think it is ugly but then I think that about a lot of the Sarr cultivars out there too, at least it is interesting. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean everyone else has to dislike it as well though, the joy of free will and all that.

As far as VFTs go, that's a gorgeous flower. I like it: both the traps and the flowers.
smile.gif

Hamata

Can't say I like either the looks of the flowers or the traps, but if your into unusal looking plants, then this one should be at the top of your want list.
biggrin.gif

alien.gif

I should have mentioned in my post that the flower photo is from "tissueculture" not mine.

-BobZ-

Thanks for sharing!

Could you pm me contact info so that I might ask for permission to post this on my site?

http://dionea.homestead.com

thanks!

-noah

Is it calles 'The Bart Simpson' cause it's teeth look like his hair (the spikes)
rolleyes.gif

Anybody know the history of Bart?
I can tell you the history of the plant I have. I got it from Mike ? who got it from his dutch friends who have a nursery. The nursery propagates thousands of vfts from tissue culture and had a tray of a bunch of mutants. This plant was the only one he got but he told me that they had one mutant that sported traps _full_ of triggerhairs. "Cottonmouth" is what he said.
He named the plant he gave me "Wacky Traps." I later looked at it and said the traps look like Barts hair. I guess I'm not the only one who thought that since the name is going around. Of course I'm going on the assumtion that these plants are the same.
Noah, you may use the photo for your great website.
Kind Regards,
Ed Read

!aie carumba! That is a wierd looking plant. I remember some time ago I started a thread to see what it really did look like. Cool flower though...thanks!
Kevin

Back