What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dingley giant

Hello. I'm asking alot about the giant forms lately. My question is is about growth habits. Which ones act like typicals(both growth habits), which ones stay erect all year, and which ones stay rosetted all year? What about the Dingley giant?

I believe all vfts go erect and rosette just depending what time of the year it is. My vfts are usually erect during the summer time then rosette during the Spring/Fall.

well..summer is a pretty exciting time for a VFT..

O' and rosette brown during the winter months
tounge.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

For the most part, all forms have both growth patterns, but sometimes the trap is so large it will wiegh down the leaves making it look 'Tipica' all the time. However, do to no official documentation on these varients, it is impossible for me to tell you if they have a perminent growth pattern.

Thanks Darcie.You have confirmed what I was thinking.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scottychaos @ Mar. 24 2003,8:OO)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well..summer is a pretty exciting time for a VFT..[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Tsk, tsk, tsk....
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
*chuckle*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Travis @ Mar. 25 2003,10:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">O' and rosette brown during the winter months
tounge.gif

wink.gif

smile.gif
.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
er a... Travis, they aren't supost to turn brown in the winter. That only happens when they are stressed out.
confused.gif
How exactly have you been wintering your plants?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigCarnivourKid @ Mar. 26 2003,06:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scottychaos @ Mar. 24 2003,8:OO)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well..summer is a pretty exciting time for a VFT..[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Tsk, tsk, tsk....
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
*chuckle*[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
"Dingley Giant" is funny enough to start. Do we have a "horticultural innuendo" forum here?

steveo </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Dingley Giant" is funny enough to start.  Do we have a "horticultural innuendo" forum here?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I don't know what you mean *snicker*
wink.gif

tounge.gif

Back