What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wondering

Even though I have been growing VFT for 6 years. I was wondering do you always have to replant to plant into a new plant material (peat moss) once purchase from a store (Home Depot, Lowes, A&P)?

i woudl defintely transplant the vft from the original soil that you bout it from, such as the home depot wal-mart, and lowes.. since they proabably have no clue on what there doing and get the plants doused in miracide..... or whatever the fault, but i woudlnt tranplant them if you bout them from PFT or soem other nurserie that specializes in cp's to signify that they know what they are doing.... just my oppinions and what i do...
wink.gif

cya laters
Jim

I bought my flytraps from Wal Mart about 6 years ago.  They were infested with gnats
mad.gif
but planted in sphag.  I took them home and rinsed them real good with dist. water.  They've done fine for 6 years now.
smile.gif

Steve

Back