What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i think i killed it

i had a problem with moild on the soil of my common vft, i was immume to fungicide so i asked for some help. the only advice i got was to do a siol transplant, so i just tried. i was as careful as i could be but i had some difficulty putting the bare roots in fresh soil (peat moss and perlite 1:1) now the once tall and proud plant looks like ####, wilting and closed traps with some leaves turning yellow. should i concider it dead and get a new one or is there hope?

Dommiel

Never give up til the plant is totally dead! Sometimes you have to nurse the wounded.

I'd move your plant away from any strong light, just some indirect light. Keep it wet llike normal...you might also want to try to put a plastic bag over it or something to raise thehumidity just a tad to re-hydrate the leaves. Or maybe misting it a lot. (I have had success rehydrating half-dead orchids from Lowes by misting the limp leaves as much as I can). You might also try some SuperThrive. If you don't know what that is, its a vitamin/hormone solution you mix with water and it can help with root shock and promote new root growth. You use only a drop per gallon of water...and you can find that in most greenhouses and nurseries.

You may lose some leaves and traps but if you hang on and take good care of the plant, it will probably start some new growth after a while. Have patience. The important place to watch is the center of the plant because that is the "heart" where new growth will take place.

And don't give up!
Suzanne

thanks a lot
smile.gif

Back