What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mold

I have a vft And it has mold on IT
mad.gif

I cant seem to figure out how to get rid of it
sad.gif

can some one please
biggrin.gif
help me.

be as careful as possible to get rid of the mold and rinse ur plant with clean water, then pot it in fresh soil, and try live sphagnum on top. and no more misting, humid conditions, or overtop watering
tounge.gif

um my plant doesnt get too humid but it seems to do better when I cover it just before it cools down out side

for some reisen it makes more nectur and flys seem to be attracted to it much more

and lately it has been without any covering and it has caught notheing plus this is when the mold stated
confused.gif

First of all whats it look like? Just little green heads poping up? or this oeey gooey green blob?

the plant looks fine its just the white stuff that doesn't

WHITE STUFF?!? Quickly get a cue-tip and whipe it off!

is that all I have to do! wow

Hi Kyle...and welcome to the forums!
smile.gif

Can you give a little bit more info on the growing conditions of your plant? Type of container you're growing it in, type of water you're using, soil mix, amount and kind of lighting, indoor or outdoor?

Most often mold is caused my very wet, warm conditions with little air circulation. VFTs don't need real humid conditions so it isn't necessary to keep it covered or enclosed. They need good air circulation. Covering it shouldn't affect how it attracts bugs. Flytraps catch bugs whenever conditions are right and the timing of the trap closing is right. Sometimes a trap will be feeding and sometimes it takes a while before it catches anything. You just have to let nature take its course.
smile.gif

Provide a little more specific info and maybe we can help you out. My recommendation...don't cover it!

Suzanne

thanx Kiss

well lets see it gets mainly direct sunlight outside um I leave it in a tray and well it's fine now so I think I'm ok

Back