What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I ordered a green dragon

After a week or so in the sun the plant is totally red without the slightest hint of green.

The traps are  deep reddish-purple inside and out and so are the leaves top and bottom.

It doesn't look at all like the picture on the Buy A Plant page.

not even a shred of green?

How big is it? Every Red Dragon PFT has right now is TINY compared to what else is shipping...

Green Dragons will be red, while Red Dragons will be a deep deark bloody maroon color, solid as can be..

My green dragons turned quite dark in the sun, but it was more of a purpulish red. I just got a red dragon, and it's more of a maroon. Don't know if that helps
confused.gif

Yes. Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference. I can tell mine apart because Red Dragon is a deeper red than the Green Dragon. But yes, sometimes it is confusing.

Here is a photo:

red_green%20dragon.jpg

The greenish tint  showing at the top is caused by the flash reflecting the lawn mirrored in the window pane....the plant is totally reddish-purple...or however one chooses to describe that color.

Back