What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple questions.....

• Thread starter Shaggy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft
Hello there!!!
I've enjoyed reading through most of the posts on this site. I'm just starting out in this hobby (I am an avid music collector also) and noticed the same fun and energy people receive (It's obvious in the posts here)!
Anyway---quickly.....
Is it ok to feed VFT worms???
and...if I place my VFT in a tray of distilled water---do I just need to mist once and awhile or is bottom watering all I need to do??
I'm sure I may ask more but I appreciate any help!!!
Thanks again!!!
Eric

As for worms, I wouldn't know but I also wouldn't try it, the best meals are flies and crickets. You don't need to mist your plant. They survive wery well with just bottom watering with distilled water and lots of sun!

Thanks for the help Brad!!!
I did feed 1 very small "baby" worm today though.
I will post the results if it goes bad.
-peace
Eric

Worms should be ok as long as they're not too big for the trap. If you do happen to feed with something too big it won't hurt the plant but you might lose the trap.

A little misting never hurt anybody. It's not required but I'm sure the plants like it. Just be careful not to trigger your traps when you mist.

I have found that a top dressing of long-fibered sphagnum does a nice job keeping the plants humidified. I haven't misted since then, and the moss is starting to grow, too.

STeve

I found some worms that digged their way out from the pot into the water tray. I fed it a small one. Im guessing its an earthworm.

Back