What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is a 3inch pot (like the pft ones, good enough for a mature

We primarily use 3" pots to reduce the shipping costs, with the weight of wet soil and all.

We have had plants in 3" pots for a couple of years without a problem... but I think 4-5" pots are ideal... especially if you have more than 1 plant in the pot.

HOWEVER, I've never seen an adverse effect from the 3" pot being used long term... one reason why we continute to use them
smile.gif

The minimum pot size is around 3-4 inches. So yeah they should be fine like Phil said. BUT you can create a very neat site like I did. Take around 8-10 CP's like VFT and some Sarracenia and plant them all in a 15-10 inch pot. It is an awesome site to see. Very cool look to it.

nep g, i might just do that. Ill probably get a large 2 gallon pot and plant smaller temperate cp's in em.

Good deal. It is a very nice patio or outdoor conversation piece. I will put mine right on my steps outside this year. Or in front of my greenhouse to lure people!
smile.gif
But the best part is the plants will have all the room they will ever need!

Hmm... After I find out just exactly how my other plants grow, that may seem like a good idea... Of course, I would need motivation... and with me, well, let's just say HA!!!

Yeah, I love getting people to ask me questions about cp. It's great fun telling people VFTs are from North Carolina.
smile.gif

Chris

As soon as I get a vft it gets repotted. It seems to help.
The resovoir type pots work really well and are low maintenance. Although, I think that taller pots are better since I always have roots on the bottom of my pots

Back