What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Venus flytrap help

• Thread starter Wreslehamster
  • Start date
  • Tags
    fly flytrap
W

Wreslehamster

i forgot to water my fly trap and its turning brown whats wrong

I moved this to the VFT forum.

As for the plant. Did the potting mix get really dry? If so the roots have most likely been killed.
T

Well more that likely it needs water and if youo havent done that you better hurry.

If the soil aint hard as a rock and the rizome or base of the plant isnt all dry you may still have a chance but it may be pushing it.

I'd water it and possibly cover it with a clear plastic cup with a couple of holes at night to get the humidity up and put it somewhere it can get some sun but not fry maybe that would help.... I hope so anyway
confused.gif
oh if you use the cup rememer to take it off so it gets some air circulation and wont mildew.

Keep us informed I hope it gets better

Tony, I was posting a reply and then it said that the topic has been locked (because you moved it). I wrote a really long response too! Oh well! I'm too lazy to type it all over again so i'll try to sum it up.

Wreslehamster, what's wrong is that you forgot to water your plant!
biggrin.gif

These plants should NEVER be alowed to dry out. Their pots should sit in an inch of water (distilled, reverse osmosis, or rain water only! ) all year except for winter when the plants experiences dormancy.

The same thing happened to me ....annoying aint it?
tounge.gif

Back