What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll: where do you keep your venus flytraps?

I keep all my vft's inside, i keep them in my terrarium, growchamber, windowsill, mini bog, and a mini terrarium. I'm doing test to see what climate they like better, so far the mini terrarium works the best on a windowsill.
Kevin

Noth'in beats the great outdoors, b

I keep mine outside year round, but move them out of direct sunlight on really hot days. Wintered them  outside on the patio and out of the rain.

I keep mine out in the day and bring them in at about 7p.m. I'm also afraid that snails/other critters would get at my plants if I keep them out at night.

For all the peeps in Cali ,I have kept mine in direct sun for up to 12 hours and lately we've had temps in the 80s and my VFT does very well.

Sarracenialuver your experiment sounds great. I wish I had all the different types of growing envirnments for my plants. Keep up the good works. L.A trap

This is the first year I've had vft's. Right now, they're all out on my sunny apt balcony and doing very well! Being one floor up keeps them safe from the squirrels and slugs.
This winter I'm planning on leaving them outside. Seattle is pretty mild, cold and gray, so I think it's just what they need for dormancy.
smile.gif
Holden

Back