What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I didnt put perlite in!

Hi, i recently replanted my Dente Venus flytrap into a larger container so the roots could grow and spread out. I went to menards and bought Canadian spanghum peat moss. I just pulled the whole plant with the moss and all out of the little container and sat it in a hole i made in the middle then covered it up some. I know the peat moss is right. But what about perlite? I forgot to bury some in there? Is this okay? or will my VFT die ?

Westrap I think you were confused, the Petflytrap forum is for posts about the company or the forum itself.

You will get more relevant replies in the VFT forum.

Cheers, Troy.

um ya hes right

well I would sujust replanting again only this time using perlight or sand unless it is live moss then you wont have a problem

Hi, the roots might rot because there won't be good enough drainage. Personally though I would wait two weeks or so to let the plant recover some from the first repotting and then repot it again so that it won't suffer too much shock. Good luck.

Your plant does not need repotting again.
Most of my plants are growing in a pure sphagnum peat moss mixture and almost every one you see sold in stores are in nothing but the peat.
Just leave it
smile.gif

Back