What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Water

Hello peoples,
As a novice in CP growing, I began growing my VFTs with tap water, because my horticulture teacher gave it to me and said it didn't matter to give it distilled water.
For the first three weeks i gave it tap water. Nothing seemed to happen. It grew great! It is a common VFT.
I have had it for about 4 weeks. DO you guys think my VFT is going to die or something.

Thanx in advance for your responses!

Stop giving it tap water right away!! Buy a bottle of distilled water or use clean rain water. Best bet, when you buy the distilled water flush the plant very well with it and let it drain out the bottom. After that use only distilled water. Hard to say if the tap water has done enough damage to kill your plant (I hope not). But if you want to try to save the plant stop using tap water. Good luck
smile.gif

ThanX,
I have already stopped using the tap water for about a week. I just wanted to know if any thing will happen.
Hope not.
smile.gif

If you haven't seen any signs of damage yet it will probably be ok.Depending on where you live, you're tap water might be ok for CP's. The safest bet however is to use rain or distilled water.

Back