What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new grower

F

flytrapgrower

I recently bought a VFT and It has 2 leaves only showing. Is this normal for a new plant?  Will the traps come out soon and how long will it be before they do. Iam thinking of putting it into a 10 g aquarium.  Should I get a few more or will one do?  Any ideas and suggestions would be great  
smile.gif

You should probably post your question in the VFT section of the site... It will get more attention!
smile.gif

Good Luck
tounge.gif

- Brett

Thanks For Moving It for me. I am new to this site!
biggrin.gif

Hi Flytrapgrower

Welcome to the forums! Stick around and you'll be an expert in no time.
smile.gif

It is hard to say how long it will take to produce new leaves. The plant may be in a little shock from shipping and being moved around. But if you give it the proper conditions, it should start to grow.
smile.gif

You do not need to put it in a terrarium unless you want to. They prefer good air circulation and do not need high humidity like some CPs do. They will do fine in a plastic pot (holds moisture) with lots of water and sun. I keep my VFTs outdoors...personally, I never had much success with them in terrariums.

You can check out the FAQs on this site for more tips and of course ask any question you like!

Good luck!
Suzanne

Thanks for the tip Suzanne!  
biggrin.gif

The reason I am thinking about a terarium is because the apaertment I live in does not get any sun.  i have another plant (aloe vera) that I am growing.  And it does not get much light.  I was thinking about settting them in a 10G tank (in the pots that they are in only) and using just the light of the tank for the lighting. this way they have plenty light and good air filteration. Does this sound like a good idea.  I love these plants so well that I will improvise any thing that hopefully will let them grow.  All info is good info.Antbody with help, let me know.

Back